Saturday, September 16, 2006

Jehovah jireh!


I am so encouraged about a special answer to prayer for one of the ladies I am discipling, Sister Nalin. Nalin, who is a single mother with two boys 16 and 18, has raised those boys alone. She has to work hard to keep food on the table. Joe is actually discipling her older son, Vishal. Nalin is one of the most committed ladies I have ever had the privilege to know in Guyana. Her love for the Lord just bubbles over and she is such a joy to be with. One thing that really discourages her is that she can barely read - how she desires to pick up her Bible and read it for herself and be able to share it with others. Watching her struggle to read is a rebuke to me, as I can so easily pick up the Bible and read it for myself. It is hard for her to memorize very well. Every time we meet we try to sing Scripture songs, and of course read the Word together. She so much wants to do it without help. God gave me the thought that it is possible to get the Bible (NIV) on CD's. I even found out that you can download from BibleGateway.com which I would be be more than happy to do. Also, there are nice Scriptures choruses that would really encourage her and help her learn Scripture. Only problem is she did not have a CD player. We began praying that God would provide - I thought about contributing some money towards getting one but couldn't cover the whole cost - to get a good one here you have to pay $75 and up. I did not give her any money because I wanted to pray about it and see if the Lord would provide. Would you believe that when I went to meet with her on Wed. she had a CD player? She could not wait to show it to me. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it was very significant to us. You have to realize that it takes a month for Nalin to earn this amount of money. Some one sent her some money from the States, which she was not expecting. That along with a little bit of savings was exactly what she needed to buy this particular player. God is so good! Now I need to get downloading - I asked her which book of the Bible would she like first and she said "Job, because God saw him through terrible times." Wow! Don't you love that faith and desire to learn more of God? If anyone knows a reasonable way to purchase the Bible(NIV), or at least the New Testament on CD would you let me know. Hold on! Let's pray about it.

2 comments:

Bek. said...

That's so cool Mom! How neat!
I love you!

Alyssa Faith said...

Hooray! God is Jehovah Jireh. Praise him for providing!

I was actually thinking about Nalin today, and the pain she went through awhile ago when she fell into a "kaharee" of hot oil and burned herself terribly. With that and other trials, she certainly knows what it is to go through tribulation in dependence on God. Yes, Nalin knows Job a little better than some of us.

Looking forward to seeing you all sometime soon!