Saturday, October 14, 2006

One of Those Weeks


This has been "one of those weeks." It started out with a phone call at 6 AM on Monday with the news that Saby's father, (Saby is a lady I am discipling)
died. "Uncle Stanley" accepted the Lord about three months ago and we had been praying that he would get well enough to come to church. God saw fit to take him home instead. That same day, I went to the doctor to remove the stitch from my knee and he said I could walk a little more and do more around the house, but still take it slow. Every night we went to Stanley's home to hold wake services. God enabled us to share the Gospel and encourage a few people at the wake house and we are always thankful for these opportunities. People in this culture "keep wake" at the home by playing card games, dominoes and just "gaffing." (Drinking among the men, too.) It is grueling for the family because they get very little rest. The funeral was on Friday. We also had workmen here most of the week building screens and washing the house. Things have been in some what disarray and disorder. Then, Joe had to run down (I mean, drive) to New Amsterdam 3 different days because of some business matters. Meanwhile, I was at home trying to do my ETA prep. Some how, it got done and I was able to teach. The screens are almost done, and the housewashing, too. In spite of everything, I have tried to take it easy and not do more than I should. The knee seems to be healing well! We have to remind ourselves that not every week is like this week. God does give extra strength, but we are tired today. TGIS - Thank God it's Saturday!

1 comment:

Bek. said...

I'm so glad you will have screens for the rainy season-yea!
Looking forward to talking today!
Love you!