Monday, August 07, 2006

The wedding house is not over yet!

The Wedding did take place and we did see some people that we have not seen for a long time. But weddings are so different here that it sometimes is difficult to predict what will happen. Loud music, good food (Seven Curry served on a lily pad and mango chutney for dessert--tastes like apple pie :] Attending has helped our relationship in the community I think.

Now if we can only get them to pull the plug on the loud music--day 3. At least I think they will pull the plug on the music around 11pm, I am guessing.

This is only one of several things going on here. Terri is singing in the Crusade Choir for the 7th, 8th, and 9th night this week and helping with refreshments for 2 VBS. Joe is helping build a small basketball court at Tain Church. Last week he helped repair a foot bridge leading to the church building over the large storm drain. And then there is discipleship and counseling opportunities a plenty.

Pray for our sanity, sleep, safety, and sensitivity to opportunities--the 4 S's!

2 comments:

jmp said...

Dad, the food sounds so good. I continue to enjoy your descriptions of everyday life :)

Bek. said...

Joel and Bethany sent me a text saying that there is a wedding near their house that is blasting loud music? Sound familiar?
Oh-I update my blog! It's basically an edited version of the email I just sent you all but it seemed to fit.
Love you!