Monday, July 17, 2006

bumpity, bumpity, bump, bump, bump

Well, at this writing I am not sure where Terri is yet. Hopefully she made it through "The Trail" I talked about yesterday. God has given me a peace about it so far. This morning at 4am Terri said she was doing pretty well. Then she saw The Dyna. It is a flatbed truck with removeable sides and a sheet steel roof arched over the entire back of the truck for protection from sun and rain. On the right and left of the back bed are 2 narrow bench seats about 10 foot long by about 10 inches wide. There is a little foam rubber underneath the stretched-over plastic covers.
Can you imagine that 10 hours? There is enough breese that you don't smell diesel fumes.

Now The Trail. I get uncomfortable just thinking about it. It is a mud and dirt road that takes about 3 hours in good weather with dry roads.
Now the rainy season is over so you would think that the road would be dry and nice. Think again. Rainy season just means it rains more then. During the "dry season" it still rains, just not as much. On some trails I have heard of people having to winch themselves from tree to tree in some spots where the worst mud has developed. It really isn't that bad on the KK trail. You just sort of weave your way back and forth around the mudpuddles ( 3 foot deep in places :) in the worst places. The road is literally 40-50 feet wide in places to give you more road to pick from.

I loaned them a come-a-long and some heavy nylon strapping for towing in the event that they get stuck. Sometimes big military type logging equipment come by and are almost always willing to pull you out for a small cash gift.

Well, I am getting offline just in case "Bumpity--my love" calls. See Ya.

1 comment:

Bek. said...

Dad-
Missing her already? :)
I smiled just hearing your description of the trail and that trip. I was thinking of her this morning in the midst of VBS craziness.
I love you!