Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ooops!


… Or ouch! That was more than papaya you were cutting. That’s a thumb. So, it is another trip to the doctor. Just recently I remembered that a year ago was when I was dealing with my knee injury and had to make a number of trips to the doctor. The knee sure has healed nicely. This thumb thing isn’t that bad – a good excuse to not have to wash dishes. (Thanks, Joe.) We recently received permission to use the Albion Estate pool, but they are presently painting it, so I am not really even missing swim time. I have faithfully cleaned and rebandaged it twice a day, and done my best to keep it dry. In a hot country like this with impure water we have to be a little more concerned about infections. I have a very good doctor who is extra careful. He checked it yesterday. A nice little scab is forming and it is well on its way to healing. Typing is a little challenging without the right thumb, but I am managing just fine. I am back to driving again. Most of my regular cooking and cleaning have gone on as usual, except Joe is cleaning up my messes. (Thanks, again, Joe.) And, thank you, Lord for your care in all the details of our lives. (I will be back to blogging about our summer very soon!) “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26

No comments: